Last Modified: January 15, 2020
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OFFERED ONLY TO citizens of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia who currently reside in the U.S (excluding Puerto Rico) at the time of entry.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Sponsor.The Sweepstakes promotion is sponsored by Compare Credit LLC, 164 Market Street, Suite 307, Charleston, SC 29401 (“Compare Credit” or “Sponsor”).
- Promotion Period.The Sweepstakes promotion will run each calendar month until ended by Compare Credit.Compare Credit may end the Sweepstakes promotion at any time.The Sweepstakes promotion begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time on the first of the month and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on the last day of the month (the “Promotion Period”). The Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the promotion.
- Who Is Eligible.Participants must be (a) a citizen of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico), and (b) at least 18 years old at time of entry. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Compare Credit and each its parents, affiliated, and subsidiary companies, and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, ward, daughter or son) or members of the households of each (whether or not related) are not eligible.Limit one entry per person and per household each month, regardless of the method of entry.
- How to Enter.During the Promotion Period, a participant may enter the Sweepstakes promotion in any of the following ways:(a) online by visiting the Compare Credit website at https://comparecredit.com/dividend-terms (the “Sponsor Website”) and completing the online entry form; or (b) by mail, by hand writing your full name, complete street address (PO Boxes are not accepted), email address, phone number (area code included) and date of birth on a postcard or letter, and mailing with proper postage affixed to: Compare Credit LLC Attn: Compare Credit Sweepstakes, 164 Market Street, Suite 307, Charleston, SC 29401 (the "Mail-In Address"). In order for online entries to be valid, entrants must click on the “I Accept” button (indicating your acceptance of all terms of these official rules) on the Sponsor website. Mail-in entries must be postmarked during the Promotion Period and received by Sponsor no later than 11:59:59 PM EST on the fifth calendar day of the month following the Promotion Period. Limit one (1) entry per person per stamped outer envelope. Mechanically reproduced or hand-stamped entries or mailing labels or online entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void and will not be accepted. Incorrect, illegible, and incomplete entries are void. These Official Rules are also available at the Sponsor Website or by writing to Compare Credit LLC Attn: Compare Credit Sweepstakes Rules Request, 164 Market Street, Suite 307, Charleston, SC 29401. Proof of mailing, in person submission, or online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. A purchase will not increase chance of winning.
- The Prize. Each month ten eligible entrants will win one (1) prize of $500 (five hundred US Dollars). The prize is not transferable. All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with the prize or the acceptance and use of any element of the prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the winners. All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are winners’ responsibility. The winners may be issued a 1099 tax form for the amount of the prize. The specifics of all aforementioned elements of the prize in the Sweepstakes shall be solely determined by Sponsor.
- How the Winners Will Be Selected. Each (10) potential winner will be selected by random drawing from among all eligible entries. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor, whose decisions on all matters related to these Official Rules shall be final and binding.
- Facebook Disclaimer. By participating in the Sweepstakes promotion, entrants acknowledge that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants also acknowledge that any information provided as part of the Sweepstakes promotion is being provided to the Sponsor and not to Facebook.
- Disclaimer, Release, and Limitations of Liability: THE SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE PRIZE OR YOUR PARTICIPATE IN THE PROMOTION. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS FACEBOOK, INC., THE SPONSOR, AND THE SPONSOR’S PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, AND SUBSIDIARIES AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION,INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE. The Releasees are not and shall not be responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes; inability to access or delays in operation or transmission at the Sponsor Website; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; entries that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes promotion, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; and any mail or entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, garbled, mutilated, illegible or postage due, or any combination thereof. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, tampering, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to void suspect entries and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the winners from among all eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination or suspension. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASEES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INURIES, DAMAGES OR LOSSES TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES THAT MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, BY AN ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE.
- Arbitration/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that (i): any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes promotion, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes promotion, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Releasees in connection with the Sweeps, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the internal laws of the South Carolina, without giving effect to rules regarding conflicts of law. IF A CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT RESOLVED DIRECTLY OR THROUGH MEDIATION, IT MUST BE RESOLVED, FINALLY AND EXCLUSIVELY, THROUGH ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION (AAA) IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS CONSUMER ARBITRATION RULES, AND ITS RULES FOR SELECTING AN ARBITRATOR, PROVIDED THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN THE STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA. ALL PROCEEDINGS SHALL TAKE PLACE IN CHARLESTON, SOUTH CAROLINA. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations on the ability to pursue class action remedies, or certain kinds of damages, and so these limitations may not apply to you.
- Winners’ Names. For the name of the winners (first initial and last name), send a self-addressed envelope to be received by the last day of the calendar month in which the winners was announced to Compare Credit LLC Attn: Legal, 164 Market Street, Suite 307, Charleston, SC 29401.