Best Credit Cards for Entertainment Spending
If you're looking for a new credit card for your entertainment spending, it's essential to pick the right one. Luckily, if you do, you'll be able to enjoy a night on the town just about anywhere. Here's what we feel that you need to look for when you're picking out a credit card to use for your entertainment spending:
- Exceptional security
- A low interest rate
- A high level of encryption for online banking services
- Easy to use online banking
- Cash back rewards
- Promotional offers that apply to your spending patterns
How Do You Know if a Credit Card Is Right for Entertainment Spending?
If you're wondering whether or not a credit card is suitable for entertainment spending, there are a few things to consider. Here are a few of the most crucial factors to keep in mind:
While you're out on the town for the evening, there's a good chance that you'll end up going from one venue to another. This can present potential security risks if your card doesn't have the right protection.
Luckily, most major financial institutions offer online banking services, which have multiple layers of security. However, some credit card companies truly go above and beyond the competition.
So, it's important to be familiar with what to look for when you're choosing a credit card company. Always make sure that the online banking system for your card is set up to ensure that you'll be able to securely log in on a public network.
2. Promotional Offers
If you're looking for a great way to save money on travel, credit card promotional offers are a great way to do it! You’ll often be able to snag free flights and other perks that can allow you to save hundreds of dollars on expenses related to traveling, such as the cost of staying in a hotel.
3. The Interest Rate
If you're looking for a credit card for any reason, the interest rate is undoubtedly one of the most important factors to consider. While the interest rate that you'll be charged is partly dependent on your credit history, other factors can also play a crucial role. However, there's also significant variation between different credit card companies.
4. A Zero Interest Period
Many credit cards offer an introductory period where interest will not be charged. However, the length of time that this introductory period typically varies between three and six months. Occasionally, you'll be charged a lower interest rate for some time after the introductory zero interest period. However, the rate typically increases from zero to the advertised rate.
Which Credit Cards Are the Best Choices for Entertainment Spending in 2021?
If you're interested in a credit card specifically designed for entertainment spending, then there are quite a few options you should consider. While there are many options to consider, many experts feel that the seven cars on this list are the best choices:
Not only is the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express an excellent choice if you're looking for a credit card to use for entertainment spending, but it's also an excellent pick for everyday use as well! It is exceptionally versatile for just about any lifestyle.
Furthermore, it features a unique combination of notably low interest rates, an easy application process, and glowing reviews from cardholders worldwide! However, that isn't all that this one-of-a-kind card has to offer. Here are a few other things that make it stand out compared to other entertainment credit cards on the market:
- 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%). 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions. 3% Cash Back on transit including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses and more. 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations. 1% Cash Back on other purchases.
- $300 back after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months
- American Express is often regarded as one of the best credit card companies to choose from, and that's because they offer a unique mix of security, ease of use, and low interest rates.
Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card is a one-of-a-kind credit card, perfect for just about any entertainment venue. Not only can cardholders enjoy exceptional perks, but it also features exceptional security and low interest rates. If you enjoy going out to restaurants, then you're sure to love the one-of-a-kind offers that this card features. Here are a few other things that it offers if you're using it for entertainment spending:
- 3% Cash Back on dining, entertainment, popular streaming services and at grocery stores, 1% Cash Back on all other purchases. Earn 8% cash back on Capital One Entertainment purchases and tickets at Vivid Seats
- $0 Annual Fee
- $200 Cash Back after you spend $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening
Are you looking for a travel credit card that's also perfect for concert-goers and attendees of other events? If so, then the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card has just what you need! Here's what you need to know about the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card's many benefits:
- You'll be able to earn up to 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Redeemable through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Most major concert and entertainment venues will accept the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
- You'll be able to earn rewards during your first three months of using the card, and it will be possible to transfer points to companies that have a travel partnership with Chase. This will give you access to many choices when it comes to how you can use your rewards points.
- Reap in the benefits with 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases.
If you're looking for a credit card that you'll primarily use for entertainment expenses, then this is undoubtedly one of the best options because of it’s flexible cash back program. Not only will you be able to earn cash back, but there is a $0 annual fee with the Citi Custom Cash℠ Card! Here's what you need to know about what this one of a kind card offers:
- The Citi Custom Cash℠ Card is known for it’s unique cash back rewards program: 5% cash back on purchases in your top eligible spend category each billing cycle, up to the first $500 spent, 1% cash back thereafter. Also, earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn $200 in cash back after you spend $750 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening. This bonus offer will be fulfilled as 20,000 ThankYou® Points, which can be redeemed for $200 cash back.