Disclaimer: CompareCredit works to keep its information accurate and up to date. All information and offers in this article are up to date as of May 2021. This information may be different than what you see when you visit a financial institution, service provider or specific product’s site. When considering and applying for a new credit card, please review the most up to date Terms & Conditions of the financial institution.
There are many app-based credit cards out there nowadays. Many offer different rewards for the tech-savvy user or brand loyalist. But very few rivals the benefits and rewards of the OG online payment system, PayPal. The PayPal Credit Card offers some of the most robust rewards of any credit card currently available and our experts have broken down why you should consider the PayPal Credit Card as your next card.
PayPal Credit Card Benefits Offered to You
- Unlimited Cash Back – The PayPal Credit Card offers holders unlimited 2% cash back on all eligible purchases. No categories, no confusing rewards calendars, no confusing terms. Just 2% cash back. And the best part, that cashback never expires.
- No Annual Fee – There is no annual fee with the PayPal Credit Card and no foreign transaction fees.
PayPal Credit Card Drawbacks
- No Welcome Bonus - There is no welcome bonus like you can get with several other rewards credit cards. You could be missing out on $150 to $1,000.
- Interest Rates – The PayPal Credit Card features moderate to high interest rates depending on your creditworthiness and current economic environment. The ongoing variable APR ranges from 19.99% – 26.99%.
- No Intro APR Offer – Unlike some other cash back credit cards, the PayPal Credit Card doesn’t offer any intro offers. So, you’ll be paying interest each billing cycle from month one and won’t see any cash back bonuses.
Our Final Opinion on Which Card Is Best for You
If you are looking for an easy-to-use, good general use cash back credit card, it doesn’t get much better than the PayPal Credit Card. You’ll find the unlimited cash back and cash back anywhere as easy-to-use options that make earning and redeeming your rewards easy.
However, if you’re looking for rewards in a particular category, such as groceries or gas, then you might look at a different credit card with the ability to pick your reward categories. Plus, many cards offer better intro rewards that could make your first year as a cardholder a little sweeter…and less expensive.
Compare the PayPal Credit Card to Some of Our Favorites
If you’re looking for an excellent cash back credit card with significant earning potential and some friendlier interest rates and/or a welcome offer, then we would suggest checking out one of these cards.