One of America’s first and longest-standing department stores now offers one of the best store credit cards on the market. Whether you’re an online shopper or like the tactile feeling of trying things on in the store, the JCPenney Credit Card is a great way to finance those purchases.
Our experts have broken down why you should consider the JCPenney credit card and why it might be beneficial to look elsewhere.
JCPenney Credit Card Benefits Offered to You
- Great Rewards System – Unlike some other store credit cards that only offer discounts, the JC Penny credit card offers 1 point on every dollar spent at JCPenny. For every $200 spent, you’ll earn a $10 coupon plus other member coupons sent throughout the year.
- Discounts, Discounts, Discounts – JCPenney credit cardholders will receive a 15% discount coupon upon card approval. If that’s not enough, you’ll also receive several discounts throughout the year and a special birthday gift.
- Long No-Interest Welcome Offer – Depending on your credit worthiness, new cardholders will receive a 0% purchase APR from 18 to 48 months. Plus, there’s no annual fee.
JCPenney Credit Card Drawbacks
- High-Interest Rate – After your 0% intro APR period, the card features a 25.99% variable APR. It isn’t the highest as store credit cards go, but it certainly not the lowest.
- Capped Rewards – If you’re looking to make a large purchase such as an appliance or electronic device, you’ll only receive a max of 2,000 points on the purchase. In addition, JCPenney limits the number of coupons and savings you can use on each purchase.
Our Final Recommendation for Best Credit Card for You
If you are looking to make a large purchase or frequent JCPenney, then the long intro APR period and no annual fee could be a great way to finance that purchase.
However, if you’re looking for great rewards that you can earn on all of your spending and/or are not looking to make a large purchase at JCPenney, then we think you’ll find a credit card with more rewards better suited for you.
Disclaimer: CompareCredit works to keep its information accurate and up to date. All information and offers in this article are up to date as of May 2021. This information may be different than what you see when you visit a financial institution, service provider or specific product’s site. When considering and applying for a new credit card, please review the most up to date Terms & Conditions of the financial institution.
Compare the JCPenney Credit Card to Some of Our Favorites
With limited rewards only good for purchases made at JCPenney, if you’re looking for a credit card that offers more back on all your spending, we would suggest checking out a credit card with more robust cash back or point rewards.