Editorial Note: Our editorial team’s content is not provided, commissioned or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution or partner. The opinions, reviews or recommendations expressed in any article mention are solely those of our editorial team. This page contains products from our advertising partners.
- NEW LONGER INTRO PERIOD! , and for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days
- After the intro APR offer ends, will apply. A 3% fee (min $10) applies to all balance transfers.
- annual fee
- Click “APPLY NOW” to apply online
When people come to me asking how to cut through all the confusion around credit cards and simply save more by stopping interest payments for as long as possible, my answer is clear. There’s no better choice right now than the . It’s my top pick for just one reason. Time. This card from Bank of America is offering 21 billing cycles of 0% APR on both purchases and balance transfers made within the first 60 days.
The Numbers Speak for Themselves
21 billing cycles — the equivalent of nearly two years — without making a single interest payment on purchases or balance transfers can offer the kind of financial flexibility that most other cards cannot. This card doesn’t come with all of the bells and whistles you might find in rewards-oriented choices because all of the savings is focused on one number—zero. And that 0% can potentially save you thousands.
Who Should Get This Card
- The BankAmericard® is a great choice for those planning major purchases now, but who don’t want to deal with any interest for a long time to come.
- It’s also perfect for people carrying high-interest balances who want to put their payments on hold and lower their payments when they finally do resume.
- Need to save in the short term to make the rest of your upcoming expenses work? This card flips the switch on interest payments for a full 21 billing cycles.
Remember, the 0% introductory APR offer is why you should strongly consider this card if saving on interest is your main goal. However, the ongoing APR starting at just 15.74% is also extremely competitive when we look at the entire credit card landscape. So, once the intro period is up your big savings can continue with this low APR.
Other Low APR Card Options
We’ve shown you why the BankAmericard® is our number one pick for the low APR card category, but perhaps your card requirements call for something a little different. Here are some other outstanding options that might also fit the bill.